What should I bring to my exam?
- Vision insurance and medical insurance cards
- Completed Patient Welcome Sheet, or it can be filled when you arrive for your appointment
- All current glasses and sunglasses that you are using. This may be multiple pairs of contact lenses that you have been wearing, including labels/boxes if possible
- All eye drops, solutions or ointments, prescription or over-the-counter, that you have been using for your eyes
- A list of all medications that you are currently taking (drug, strength, and dose)
What should I expect at my Exam?
Your exam experience will vary based on the doctor you see, your age, and the reason for your visit, but here are the common tests that the assistant or the doctor may perform:
- Computerized measurements of your eye size, shape and vision needs
- Digital retinal photographs of the inside of your eyes
- Blood pressure screening
- Reading from charts both far and near
- Eye Movement/Eye teaming tests: Following the target with your eyes; the Doctor alternately covering the eyes with a paddle
- Refraction: 1 or 2? There are no wrong answers! This allows the doctor to determine your glasses prescription
- Eye Health evaluation: The Doctor will use microscopes and shine bright lights at your eyes to look at both the surface and interior tissues of the eye. This allows the Doctor to check for dry eye, cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes, high blood pressure and many other conditions
- Eye Pressure test for evaluation of glaucoma risk
- Additional testing for contacts lenses
Will eye drops be used at my eye exam?
- Various drops may be used during the exam to assist in checking the pressure, assessing the eyes for dryness, or dilating the eyes
In order to expedite your in-office wait time, please download the Patient Welcome Sheet, complete the form, and bring a printed copy in with you to your appointment. Thank you!
The EyeDoctors accepts all of the major insurance plans listed below, as well as others that are not listed. If you don’t see your insurance plan on our list, please call us and we will help figure your insurance out for you!
- VSP – Vision Service Plan
- Humana Vision Care Plan
- Vision Care Direct (VCD)
- Sunflower – Opticare
- United Healthcare – Opticare
- Amerigroup – Ocular Benefits
- Humana PPO Plan
- Preferred Health
- Century Health
- United Healthcare-Opticare
- Amerigroup-Ocular Benefits
- United Healthcare